3 For Safety
Updated: Oct 26, 2020
The Stop~Drop and Roll of mental health struggles.
1. Choose your 3. No special tools, places, or people, these 3, a combinations of thought and actions you choose can be done no matter where you are, who you're with or what's going on.
A thought (person, place or thing) this thought creates a feeling of happiness or calm.
A action ( physical movement, speaking out loud) that can be done now.
1. Close my eyes. (action)
2. Walking through a garden. (thought)
3. Pinch my right ear lobe. (action)
2. Identify your struggle. Thoughts of harm to self or others, irrationality, strong irritability, panic, uncontrollable emotions.
3. Take action. DO YOUR 3
Plan ahead, know your 3, experience a crisis, DO IT.
* The idea is to find three things that can help you self soothe, and create a mental distraction when you've reached a personal breaking point and need to overcome.
*Disclaimer - This blog is not intended to be a replacement for medical or mental health treatment.